Penny's Passion: Five on Friday - April 29, 2022

Friday, April 29, 2022

Five on Friday - April 29, 2022

Let's hear it for Friday!  We are so darn happy to see this week come to an end because we are heading to the beach first thing in the morning.  I'm so looking forward to a few days of rest and relaxation.  Before we hit the road, let me share my five for today ~

1.  Ozark Season 4, Part 2
Are you ready to wrap up the Ozark series?  The remaining seven episodes of part 2 are dropping today!  I see some binge-watching in my near future.  I'm so anxious to see how the story will end with Marty, Wendy, and the kids.  This has been a great show and I think they are ending it at the perfect time.  The story is still intriguing and they're going out before they run it into the ground.  


2.  Alton Brown Good Eats 4
I'm such a sucker for good cookbooks and a good one came at this week.  The fourth and final Alton Brown Good Eats was released this week.  Here's the summary from Amazon ~
An all-new collection of must-have recipes and surprising food facts from Alton Brown, drawn from the return of the beloved Good Eats television series, including never-before aired material

This long-anticipated fourth and final volume in the bestselling Good Eats series of cookbooks draws on two reboots of the beloved television show by the inimitable Alton Brown—Good Eats Reloaded and Good Eats: The Return. With more than 150 new and improved recipes for everything from chicken parm to bibimbap and cold brew to corn dogs, accompanied by mouthwatering original photography, The Final Years is the most sumptuous and satisfying of the Good Eats books yet.

Brown’s surefire recipes are temptation enough: the headnotes, tips, and sidebars that support them make each recipe a journey into culinary technique, flavor exploration, and edible history. Striking photography showcases finished dishes and highlights key ingredients, and handwritten notes on the pages capture Brown’s unique mix of madcap and methodical. The distinctive high-energy and information-intensive dynamic of Good Eats comes to life on every page, making this a must-have cookbook for die-hard fans and newcomers alike.

Last year when we were at Disney, we stayed at the Beach Club Resort.  Every time we entered the hotel, the scent was absolutely amazing!  When we got home, our daughter-in-law gifted me this candle that smelled exactly like the hotel!  She found it on the Magic Candle Company site and they have lots of other scents too.  I love it so much I'm taking it on vacation with me this year so our condo has that beach resort smell.  


Invitation season is upon us.  There are all those weddings and showers coming up!  If you're involved in any of the invitation preparations, look at these wax seal stickers.  I love them!  I also love pulling down the lid to our mailbox and having a pretty envelope waiting for me inside.  These make dressing up envelopes pretty effortless.  


5.  How I feel...


Have a fantastic weekend!  We're getting away for a few days and I'm giddy with excitement.  Pop in next week to see where we are.

2 comments: