Penny's Passion: Thinking Out Loud Thursday - April 14, 2022

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Thinking Out Loud Thursday - April 14, 2022

Welcome to Thinking Out Loud Thursday where I talk about something on my mind and invite you to link up and do the same.

Today I'm thinking about Easter.  For a multitude of reasons, I haven't had the time to get out a single bunny or egg to decorate.  (I've promised myself that next year I'll do better at getting the decorations out.)  But Easter isn't about the decorations or the bunnies or the eggs.  For Christians, it's about Christ dying on the cross, being buried, and three days later rising to life again.  


Today we celebrate Maundy Thursday.  You might have heard it called Holy Thursday or Sheer Thursday.  It's the Thursday before Easter and is a Christian holy day that commemorates the Washing of the Feet and the Last Supper.  Pretty major events!

Easter offers us comfort in knowing that love is stronger than death.  It was out of love that God gave His only Son.  It was for love that Christ died on the cross.  Easter means there is hope for us, and I think right now we can all use a little hope.  As Jesus said, “Because I live, you also will live” (John 14:19).

In the coming days, it will be easy to get caught up in the Easter egg hunts and chocolate bunnies.  I hope we can take a moment to reflect on the true meaning of the day and may your Easter be full of love and hope.  

Now it's your turn.  What are you thinking out loud about today?  Link up and share!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. So much to celebrate and be grateful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the rest of the week and have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Penny for reminding us to not get caught up in the Easter eggs and candy but to celebrate the life of Jesus our Savior. Happy Easter to you and your family. ❤🙏

    ReplyDelete